Monday, September 25, 2006

its about time!

:) this title can be taken in to ways: 1. its about time that i updated, 2. its all about time, and what we do with our time...
yes, it has been a long time since i updated (and seeing as now i live with jessi, who constantly reminds me that i haven't updated - Still!....i am very well aware that its been a while!). it takes me a while to actually know what to write on this though...i want it to actually mean something and sometimes my life is a little too routine. so here is a little bit on how i have spend my time in the last few weks...
i am living with Jessi, Garnet and Timothy now; and i think we are getting into a nice routine. I am loving it!!! i mean everyday we learn something new about each other and there are times that we push each other over the edge a bit - but all in all i am so glad i am here! the last few days jess and i have had some good talks about parenting and its really neat to see first hand what an incredible job they are doing raising my precious nephew! also, its been good to have my sister close by whenever i need some advice on things! :) I love you babe!
and what else could an aunt ask for but to be able to spend time with THE most adorable little nephew!! every day he amazes me with how his little mind works and that giggle just melts my heart! On friday we had a special evening and went for ice cream and fries under the bridge ( yes, in that order!) i love spending that time with him (thanks Jessi for letting me! lol) and being able to talk to him and show him things and also learn some pretty interesting things from him too! :) ahh... i love him!
so that it what my time looks like on the 'home' front....
as far as school, i am also enjoying it! its been very interesting being in the hospital and shadowing the techs and learning just so much....everything that i have learned about in the classroom actually makes sense now! :) i have already had 4 wks in chemistry (which was all about instramentation) and 2 wks in histology (which was so incredible!! - the grossing analysis - which is very aptly named! - was so interesting!) and today i started into 3 wks of transfusion. so i love the hospital work...the actual assignments that i have to complete and the tests that i have to write i could live without, but they are helping. i just really need to manage my time and actually spend the time needed to do well. but it is a good experience! its also been fun getting to know Lea and Teri a little more! (they are the other students with me here) its comforting to see a familiar face in the lunch room, but its nice spending time with them outside of school too. it should be a great year!
the other area that i have been spending time in is getting to know the other college-aged people at the church i have started to attend. in a round-about way i found a church just outside of Sarnia, that is very solid in its teaching and has a great support group of people my age! it has been so encouraging seeing how God has brought me to the group, and has introduced me to some of the most incredible people! i am in a Bible study with 4 other girls who love the Lord dearly and are so excited about getting into His Word! i am super excited to see what the Lord has in store for this year! :)
i think the thought that has been most prevalent lately is how God's will and timing are so perfect...i didn't say understandable at all times, but they are perfect. often times it takes us looking back at things and seeing His Hand working in order to somewhat understand why things happen. but diving into His word and really understanding His character and commands, as well as His desires and discipline has really helped me get my focus back and has reminded me again of His love for me and my calling to obey. He is a very gracious God!
so these last two months have been busy but very rewarding! :)

in other news...when you get my age (lol, i sound so old!) it seems like Everyone is getting married! in my last two years in windsor i spend many weekends attending weddings but i don't think it really hit me until my best friend dana got married a little over 2 weeks ago. Wow! I must admit it was the most perfect ceremony i have ever saw...and no i am not totally biased...but it was incredible!! the week before was spend finishing up the little details and praying that the rain would clear. i also sent dana and andrew (the groom) on a picnic, just to de-stress them a bit! Saturday came with beautiful sun and a freezing wind, but we spend the morning getting 'pretty' :)...then we took pictures with rachel (who did an incredible job!!) and then all of a sudden it was the ceremony. it was just so perfect for dana and andrew; it was personal and meaningful, touching and so relaxed. they are a beautiful couple! the day came and went so fast, but i just feel so blessed to have been a part of it! they mean so much to me and their friendship, partnership, and marriage is such a beautful example of honesty and trust! i love you guys!! :)

anyway, i need to get back to work....but i think that catches up on the most exciting parts of the last few weeks.
for those who read this and are wondering about emails that i should be replying to you, they are coming! i am the definition of procrastination...but i do love you all! :) please don't give up on me!
alright...later... :)

Eph. 1:2-4,6 " Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love...to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved."

3 Comments:

Blogger Rach B said...

glad to get an update! so good to see you at the wedding. Hope it won't be too long before I see you again.

10:39 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

any hot guys ask you out yet? hmmm? hmm???????

6:29 p.m.  
Blogger Kimbee said...

Hey Hillary. Good to hear you're still alive and well and living out God's will. Good for you! Ps I know what you mean about everyone getting married! I was Maid of Honour in two weddings-Pam and Hope! Wow! Now I'm sitting here wondering...so where's my prince charming? "Someday my prince will come..." Love you lots Hill!
Kimmie

9:07 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home